Saturday, October 27, 2018 at Southeast High
School in Wichita, we will be hosting the SCKMEA Elementary Honor Choir
with Jason Sickel as the choir clinician.
You may send up to six students from your school to participate and work
with an excellent choir clinician. The choir rehearsals will begin at 8:00 AM
and the concert will be at 12:00 PM. There will be additional workshop time
sponsored by KMEK in the afternoon.
I look forward to seeing you on Saturday, October 27 for a great day of music
SCKMEA Elementary Choir Chair
Music Teacher, Cessna Elementary School
SCKMEA Elementary Honor Choir Information
- Honor Choir participation is open to fourth, fifth, and sixth grade students.
- Participating schools should send three students prepared to sing Part I and three students prepared to sing Part II.
- Schools are limited to a total of six students only.
- Students must have the music memorized prior to October 27, 2018.
- Choir students should bring their music on October 27, 2018.
- Dress up clothing is appropriate for choir students for October 27, 2018.
Students should wear their performance clothing to the event as our schedule does not permit time for changing.
- The Honor Choir Concert will begin at 12:00 PM (noon). The concert is free and is open to parents, teachers, and friends.
- A professional recording will be made of the performance. Recordings may be ordered on October 27, 2018.
- T-shirts & plaques will be available for purchase.
Enrollment is a two-step process. You must complete both steps.
- Please enter your six students (must include three Part I singers and three Part 2 singers)
using the online enrollment/registration form.
- The enrollment fee for $10.00 per student must be mailed to Larry Brownlee, SCKMEA
Executive Secretary, 308 E. Washington, Sterling, KS 67579. Please be sure to include school
district name, school name and teacher's name with the enrollment fee. Checks should be made
payable to SCKMEA.
The Honor Choir enrollment deadline is September 18, 2018.
Student entries received after that date may be accepted but cannot be guaranteed inclusion on the shirts, plaques or program.