South Central Kansas Music Educators Association
2020-21 SCKMEA Events
Due to the COVID-19 situation, SCKMEA will not hold in-person events this year. Please note the following:
- Teacher Kick-Off scheduled for Aug. 29 will be postponed and held via Zoom at a date to be determined.
- Auditions will be held online via recorded processes. Honor Group rosters will be published in the normal fashion.
- High School students named to a district instrumental ensemble will be eligible to audition for KMEA All-State instrumental ensembles.
- High School choir students who score high enough will be named to KMEA All-State Choirs in the normal fashion.
- Details regarding honor ensemble souvenirs will be published at a later date.
2020-21 SCKMEA High School Honor Groups to use Recorded Auditions
SCKMEA will use online recorded auditions for all high school honor groups for the 2020-21 school year.
Additional information, including audition materials for each ensemble, will be further specified as chairs complete their plans.
2020-21 SCKMEA Honor Group Waiver of Enrollment Requirement
For the 2020-2021 school year only, a student may audition (or be nominated) for an SCKMEA honor ensemble
even if the student is unable to participate in their school's music program due to circumstances resulting from COVID-19.
Any student in such a situation must work with their school's music teacher(s) to complete the necessary SCKMEA forms and procedures.
By submitting a student's audition or nomination, a teacher verifies that the student is or has previously been a member of their school's music program in good standing.
KMEA Mentoring Network
Attention New Teachers!
JOIN the Mentoring Network
- CONNECT with experienced mentors and fellow beginning music educators.
- ENGAGE in professional learning through mentoring events and online discussions.
- ENJOY SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT from a professional community that is committed to your success.
Check out these events designed for first and second year teachers.
Mentoring Help Line
Contact your district mentor chair if you have a question or need resources or help.