High School Choir
2021-22 SCKMEA High School Honor Groups to use Recorded Auditions
SCKMEA will use online recorded auditions for all high school honor groups for the 2021-22 school year.
Additional information, including audition materials for each ensemble, will be further specified as chairs complete their plans.
Please standby for further information regarding recorded audition procedure.
We have every intention of having rehearsals and performances on November 6 (HS Jazz Bands) and December 4 (HS Bands, Choirs, and Orchestra).
This is subject to changes in restrictions or guidelines by our host facilities or county health officials.
Watch for announcements about changes in locations for some of our honor ensembles.
Mixed Choir: Mark Lucas
Treble Choir: Jeanne Lucas
Oct. 10 - Audition Registration Deadline - $8 per audition
Oct. 24 - Audition Registration - Late Deadline #1 - $33 per audition
Nov. 5 - Audition Registration - Late Deadline #2 - $58 per audition (this date subject to change)
Nov. 5 - Video URL entries must be completed by this date (this date subject to change)
Nov. 6 - Audition Registration - Late Deadline #3 - $100 per audition
Nov. 6 - Auditions @ Goddard-Eisenhower HS
Dec. 4 - Clinics & Concerts @ Wichita-East HS
Sponsoring teachers must be a member of NAfME-KMEA for students to be considered for KMEA honor groups.
All choir students will remain eligible for the State Choir(s) as long as the registration deadlines and corresponding fees are met.
9th graders are eligible for selection to the KMEA All-State High School Choirs.
Official registration is located in the KMEA Members
Use the SCKMEA Invoice Generator
to create invoices.
An invoice print-out must be enclosed with each payment.
All payments for fees must be made payable to SCKMEA
and sent to:
SCKMEA Executive Director
125 W. Cooper
Sterling KS, 67579
Students may audition for only ONE festival group (band, choir, or orchestra).
Students selected to participate in one of District Choirs are required to participate in ALL the rehearsals
and the District Honor Choir Performance on December 4, 2021 to remain eligible for selection to the All-State Choirs.
Practice files will be made available on the KMEA website.
2021-22 Audition Selections
Audition Repertoire & Procedures
God Of Life
God Of Life
The All-State audition repertoire list
is on the KMEA website.
For auditions, students must use originals for all audition pieces.
The audition process this year has changed and will be as follows
- ALL HS Choir Auditions must be submitted via video since there is no in-person audition
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube as Unlisted with Embedding Allowed. The video URL must be entered for each audition in the KMEA Members Site.
- Video submissions may begin as early as Sep. 1 and the upload deadline is Nov. 5 (this date subject to change).
- The audition must be performed with the KMEA All-State Audition MP3 (which will be made available closer to the audition cut notification)
- The audition must be a fluid, non-stop recording. In order to prove this, a clock must be visible in the video behind the student for the entire audition.
- "Purchased" Copies of the audition music must be visible in the video (on the music stand, or in the hands of the singer)
- Only the auditionee should be seen or heard on the video (any other ambient or inadvertent sounds will result in a disqualification)
- If any enhancing or altering is detected the auditionee will be disqualified
- Failure to comply with all of the above audition requirements will result in a disqualification
Audition cuts will be made available the week of the November auditions.
Selections are available at Senseney Music