Middle School Band
Sep. 12 - Nomination Deadline
Nov. 6 - Clinic & Concert @ Goddard-Eisenhower HS
Nominations must be entered online in the KMEA Members
Use the SCKMEA Invoice Generator
to create your fee invoices.
An invoice print-out must be included with each payment. Make checks payable to South Central KMEA
The band selection process will be similar to previous years:
- Each school may nominate up to eight students.
- Students must be in 7th or 8th Grade.
- Nominations must be submitted online no later than Sep. 12, 2021.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Please include specific comments regarding each nominated student. These comments will aid selection.
- Percussion recordings should postmarked no later than Monday, Sep. 13, 2021.
- 2021-22 Percussion excerpts are available for download as a PDF file.
The band size is approximately 110 students, so please understand that
not every student submitted will be selected. Having a band that is
balanced with instrumentation is of high importance.
The final instrumentation and music will be emailed out by
Monday, Sep. 20, 2021. You may refer to the district website for final
Auditions are required for all percussionists, and may be submitted by
email or mail. Each percussionist must audition on two of the three
instrument options; snare, timpani, mallets. Audition material will be
available on the district's website. Please mail auditions to my address.
Remember, audition tapes must be postmarked by
Monday, Sep. 13, 2021.
Entry fees are $10 per student and are due once you are notified of the
final instrumentation. Lunch is included in this fee. In addition, all directors
who have students participating in the honor band must be on site to
assist with the middle school honor band, or assist with high school
auditions. Districts which do not have directors on site to assist and
supervise students will be charged $100.
If you have any questions, please contact me. I am looking forward to a wonderful day of music for your students.