Middle School Band
Sep. 10 - Nomination Deadline
Nov. 4 - Clinic & Concert @ Goddard HS - $12 participation fee per selected student
Nominations must be entered online in the KMEA Members site.
Use the SCKMEA Invoice Generator to create your fee invoices. An invoice print-out must be included with each payment. Make checks payable to South Central KMEA.
The band selection process will be similar to previous years:
- Each school may nominate up to eight students.
- Students must be in 7th or 8th Grade.
- Nominations must be submitted online no later than Sep. 10, 2023.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Please include specific comments regarding each nominated student. These comments will aid selection.
- Percussion recordings must be postmarked by Sep. 11, 2023.
- 2023-24 Percussion excerpts are available for download as a PDF file.
Auditions are required for all percussionists, and may be submitted by email or mail. Each percussionist must audition on two of the three instrument options; snare, timpani, mallets. Audition material will be available on the district's website. Please mail auditions to my address. Audition recordings must be postmarked by Sep. 11, 2023.
Participation fees are $12 per student and are due once you are notified of the final instrumentation. Lunch is included in this fee. In addition, all directors who have students participating in the honor band must be on site to assist with the middle school honor band, or assist with high school auditions. Districts which do not have directors on site to assist and supervise students will be charged $100.