Middle School Band
SCKMEA In-Person mini-conventions are cancelled for 2020-21. Auditions and nominations for honor groups will be held online. Rosters will be published.
2020-21 SCKMEA Honor Group Waiver of Enrollment Requirement
For the 2020-2021 school year only, a student may audition (or be nominated) for an SCKMEA honor ensemble
even if the student is unable to participate in their school's music program due to circumstances resulting from COVID-19.
Any student in such a situation must work with their school's music teacher(s) to complete the necessary SCKMEA forms and procedures.
By submitting a student's audition or nomination, a teacher verifies that the student is or has previously been a member of their school's music program in good standing.
- KMEA Members
The band selection process will be similar to previous years:
- Each Director May Recommend Up To Eight Students.
- Only students who are in 7th or 8th Grade will be accepted.
- Recommendations are submitted online.
- Please Include specific comments regarding each submission. These comments will aid in the selection of students.
- All entries are to be submitted no later than October 24, 2020.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
No fees will be required for nominated students for 2020-21.