Welcome back to a fun and exciting year. On October 26, 2019
SCKMEA will be hosting the annual Elementary Honor Choir at Wichita
Southeast High School. This year, Matt Hanne will be directing our children's
choir. Matt is the choral director at Wichita Independent School. Mr. Hanne
will bring excitement and energy to our young singers as they prepare for a
fabulous performance that day.
Jennifer Donovan will be leading our teachers through the world of Orff
Schulwerk. She will show us how to use poetry, prose, and visual art to
inspire us as we explore Project Based Learning in the music classroom.
As you consider joining us, you may send up to six students from your
school to participate and work with an excellent choir clinician. The deadline
for registering students is September 17, 2019
. Teachers will need
to pick up their school packets with name tags at 8:00 AM in the front foyer.
Rehearsals will begin at 8:15 AM and the concert will be at 12:00 PM.
I look forward to seeing you on October 26, 2019 for a great day of music
and fun for everyone!
SCKMEA Elementary Honor Choir Information
- Honor Choir participation is open to fourth, fifth, and sixth grade students.
- Participating schools should send three students prepared to sing Part I and three students prepared to sing Part II.
- Schools are limited to a total of six students only.
- Students must have the music memorized prior to October 26, 2019.
- Choir students should bring their music on October 26, 2019.
- Dress up clothing is appropriate for choir students for October 26, 2019.
Students should wear their performance clothing to the event as our schedule does not permit time for changing.
- The Honor Choir Concert will begin at 12:00 PM (noon). The concert is free and is open to parents, teachers, and friends.
- A professional recording will be made of the performance. Recordings may be ordered on October 26, 2019.
- T-shirts & plaques will be available for purchase.
Enrollment is a two-step process. You must complete both steps.
- Please enter your six students (must include three Part I singers and three Part 2 singers)
using the registration form in the KMEA Members site.
- The enrollment fee for $10.00 per student must be mailed to Larry Brownlee, SCKMEA
Executive Secretary, 125 W. Cooper, Sterling KS, 67579. Please be sure to include school
district name, school name and teacher's name with the enrollment fee. Checks should be made
payable to SCKMEA.
The Honor Choir enrollment deadline is September 17, 2019
Student entries received after that date may be accepted but cannot be guaranteed inclusion on the shirts, plaques or program.
2019-20 SCKMEA Elementary Honor Choir Repertoire
A Mozart Canon
Mozart / Arr. Donald Moore
Alfred Publishing 22969
The Path to the Moon
Boosey & Hawkes 48003957
View on YouTube
Two Bartok Songs
Bartok / arr. Suchoff
Plymouth Music 55-48561
(Note: M 7 of "The Farmer and the Goose" has a G against an F in the two parts, and I have confirmed with the publisher that this is a misprint, and instead both parts should have a G)
View on YouTube
Sing to Me
Santa Barbara Music SBMP1003
Boosey and Hawkes 48023008
View on YouTube
Music is available at Senseney.