High School Orchestra
Alison Mayes - Denver Youth Symphony
Oct. 11 - Audition Registration Deadline - $8 per audition
Oct. 24 - Audition Registration - Late Deadline #1 - $33 per audition
Nov. 5 - Audition Registration - Late Deadline #2 - $58 per audition
Nov. 6 - Audition Registration - Late Deadline #3 - $100 per audition
Nov. 6 - Auditions @ Goddard-Eisenhower HS
Dec. 4 - Clinic & Concert @ Wichita-East HS
Auditions must be entered online in the KMEA Members
Use the SCKMEA Invoice Generator
to create your fee invoices.
An invoice print-out must be included with each payment. Make checks payable to South Central KMEA
Students may not audition for orchestra and choir. Please make sure to communicate with your teachers for which ensemble you will audition.
2021-22 SCKMEA HS Orchestra Audition Materials
will be an abbreviated version of the
KMEA All-State Audition Materials
Audition Time Requests
- Students will be assigned audition times prior to the audition day. Each teacher is responsible for giving these times to their students.
- Each student needs to check in with the door monitor at his or her assigned room 10 minutes prior to the assigned audition time.
- Audition numbers will be assigned at the door and must not be traded.
- Each student will audition in 2 rooms: Room 1-excerpts, Room 2-prepared scale and sight-reading.
- The door monitor will communicate students' audition number with judges. All auditions will be blind-meaning students will not talk with judges.
- The judges will wait an appropriate amount of time for "no shows" at each room before moving their final scores into the tabulation room.
- The tabulation room will remain closed for the event.
To the extent the schedule allows, students who need special consideration for their scheduled audition time can be scheduled at the beginning or end of the auditions.
Directors must note all such requests when entering students online.
This should be used extremely sparingly.
Personal preferences for directors or students cannot be accommodated and should not be entered.
Director Participation in the Audition Process
- Communicate audition time and location with students
- Participate in judge's meeting starting at 7:30 AM the day of the auditions
- Help in the audition process as needed (judging, tabulating, preparing music packets, etc.).
There is a $100 penalty for any school that does not provide a qualified adjudicator or assistant. Any exceptions to this rule must be appealed to the SCKMEA president.
The roster of selected students will be posted on the SCKMEA website no earlier than the Monday following the day of auditions.
Teachers will receive music to deliver to their students following the posting of results.
String teachers will want to make sure to attend the 10:00 AM Mini-Convention meeting.
Finlandia, Op. 26 - Jean Sibelius
Nimrod from the Enigma Variations (Variation IX, Adagio) - Edward Elgar
Symphony No. 5, Op. 67 - IV. Allegro-Presto - Ludwig van Beethoven